Raspberry syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with raspberries. While raspberry syrup can be made from raspberry juice and sugar shaken together in the cold method, it is more common to cook raspberries and sugar together until enough fruit juice is released to account for the amount of sugar added, then straining out the raspberry seeds and pulp.
Raspberry syrup has a musky, red berry aroma and flavor, with some acidity that balances the sweetness.
Some popular cocktails containing Raspberry syrup
- Easy Out — Gin, Aperol, Campari, Grapefruit juice, Raspberry syrup
- Savage Swizzle — Light rum, Coconut rum, Bitters, Cherry Bitters, Lime juice, Orange juice, Raspberry syrup
- Blinker — Rye, Grapefruit juice, Raspberry syrup
- Rose — Dry vermouth, Kirschwasser, Raspberry syrup
- Knickerbocker — Rum, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup