Raspberry syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with raspberries. While raspberry syrup can be made from raspberry juice and sugar shaken together in the cold method, it is more common to cook raspberries and sugar together until enough fruit juice is released to account for the amount of sugar added, then straining out the raspberry seeds and pulp.
Raspberry syrup has a musky, red berry aroma and flavor, with some acidity that balances the sweetness.
Some popular cocktails containing Raspberry syrup
- Raspberry Merkin — Bourbon, Champagne, Raspberry syrup, Lemon juice, Basil
- Rooster-Tail — Apple brandy, Madeira, Peach liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Raspberry, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Mint
- Bankers Are Wankers — Irish whiskey, Jamaican rum, Port, Bitters, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Nutmeg
- Columbia Cocktail (Trader Vic's) — Light rum, Raspberry syrup, Lemon juice
- Poire Blinker — Pear eau de vie, Pear liqueur, Bitters, Egg white, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Simple syrup
- Fading Beauty — Trinidad rum, Absinthe, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Lime
- Bored to Death — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Egg white
- Clover Club — Gin, Dry vermouth, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Egg white
- Knickerbocker — Rum, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup
- A Rose for Hemingway — Dry vermouth, Kirschwasser, Raspberry, Lemon juice, Egg white, Raspberry syrup, Simple syrup