Raspberry syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with raspberries. While raspberry syrup can be made from raspberry juice and sugar shaken together in the cold method, it is more common to cook raspberries and sugar together until enough fruit juice is released to account for the amount of sugar added, then straining out the raspberry seeds and pulp.
Raspberry syrup has a musky, red berry aroma and flavor, with some acidity that balances the sweetness.
Some popular cocktails containing Raspberry syrup
- Easy Out — Gin, Aperol, Campari, Grapefruit juice, Raspberry syrup
- Hey Baby, Que Paso? — Pineapple rum, Amaro, Raspberry syrup, Lime juice, Lime
- Savage Swizzle — Light rum, Coconut rum, Bitters, Cherry Bitters, Lime juice, Orange juice, Raspberry syrup
- Kurōbā Club — Junmai Sake, Gin, Egg white, Raspberry syrup, Aloe Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Cora Middleton — Blended rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Egg white