|1 2⁄3||oz||Blended Scotch (Compass Box Asyla)|
|2||t||Honey syrup (3:1 with hot water)|
|2||t||Ginger juice (sweetened 4:3 with white sugar)|
|2||t||Islay Scotch (Compass Box Peat Monster, as float)|
Shake, strain, float. Garnish with a slice of either fresh or candied ginger on a pick
From other users
- Very good. Used honey and King's Ginger with Balvenie. Even Robin liked it.
- Used 1/2 oz ginger syrup and 1/4 oz straight honey. Floated the Islay. The burn of the ginger and the subtle smoke of the floated Scotch work together in interesting ways.
- This is different than the recipe I use
- Had his one (expertly constructed) at Star Bar in Tokyo. Extremely balanced!
- Delicious! A true classic. If you have access to Pratt Standard Ginger Syrup, it makes a delicous one: I do 1.75 dewars, .5 Laphroaig 10, 1oz lemon, .5 honey syrup. Rub glass w/fresh ginger.
- Yeasayer — Rye, Islay Scotch, Allspice Dram, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Cloak and Dagger — Blended Scotch, Mandarin orange liqueur, Black pepper tincture, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Stringfellow's Lament — Blended Scotch, Islay Scotch, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Churchill — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Lime juice
- Victory Lap — Scotch, Crème de Banane, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Modernista — Scotch, Swedish Punsch, Jamaican rum, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Connery — Scotch, Walnut Liqueur, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Savory Smash — Rye, Cynar, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Basil, Red Bell Pepper
- Bourbon Sling — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Water, Sugar, Lemon zest
- The Rosedal — Highland Scotch, Pommeau de Normandie, Allspice Tincture, Lemon juice, Rosemary