Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Juke Cup — Falernum, Rhum Agricole, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Pineapple, Cucumber
- Scotch Violet — Japanese Whisky, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- The Smartest Man Alive — Rye, Suze, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Yellow Bell — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Green bell pepper
- Blueberry Sour — Vodka, Jasmine Liqueur, Blueberry, Egg white, Lemon juice, Honey syrup