Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Cash In Hand — Añejo tequila, Amargo-Vallet, Mezcal, Honey syrup, Salt
- Hawaii Kai Treasure — Puerto Rican Rum, Curaçao, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Half-and-half, Orgeat, Honey syrup
- Bitbia — Tequila, Luxardo Bitter, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey syrup
- Gaspar Grande — Rum, Amaro, Lime juice, Honey syrup
- Juke Cup — Falernum, Rhum Agricole, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Cucumber, Pineapple
- 3:20 in the Morning — Scotch, Apple brandy, Drambuie, Cynar, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- Railcar #91 — Cognac, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Orange Foam
- California English — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Oaxacanite — Tequila, Mezcal, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Camomila — Gin, Chamomile liqueur, Bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon juice