Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Beekeeper's Apprentice — Amaro Sibilla, Herbal liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Beati Fumo di Nonino — Amaro Nonino, Islay Scotch, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Peach Me How to Dougie — Bourbon, Bitters, Ice, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Peach
- Orejas de las Abejas — Gin, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- The Smartest Man Alive — Rye, Suze, Lemon juice, Honey syrup