Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Cannibal Cooler — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, White grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Blueberry Sour — Vodka, Jasmine Liqueur, Blueberry, Egg white, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Southern Goth — Scotch, Bourbon, Peach liqueur, Peach bitters, Lemon juice, Cynar 70, Honey syrup, Lemon
- Orejas de las Abejas — Gin, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- De Rigueur 2 — Bourbon, Scotch, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup