Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Hawaii Kai Treasure — Puerto Rican Rum, Curaçao, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Half-and-half, Orgeat, Honey syrup
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- The Delicious Cobbler — Amaro Montenegro, Amontillado Sherry, Ramazzotti, Pineapple juice, Honey syrup, Lemon, Orange
- Juke Cup — Falernum, Rhum Agricole, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Cucumber, Pineapple
- Susina Sour — Plum eau-de-vie, Orange liqueur, Gin, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Cherry, Rosemary
- The Pastry War Cocktail — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Mace tincture, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Nutmeg, Tea
- Camomila — Gin, Chamomile liqueur, Bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Boo Loo — Gold rum, Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Club soda, Honey syrup, Pineapple
- De Rigueur 2 — Bourbon, Scotch, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- Puka Punch — Light rum, Gold rum, Dark rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Orange juice, Pineapple juice, Passion fruit syrup, Honey syrup, Cherry, Pineapple, Orange