Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Hawaii Kai Treasure — Puerto Rican Rum, Curaçao, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Half-and-half, Orgeat, Honey syrup
- 3:20 in the Morning — Scotch, Apple brandy, Drambuie, Cynar, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Oaxacanite — Tequila, Mezcal, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Harlem Roulette — Bourbon, Rye, Aperol, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Absinthe, Honey syrup, Orange peel, Lemon peel
- Mr. Swizzle — Demerara Rum, Coffee liqueur, Falernum, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon
- Susina Sour — Plum eau-de-vie, Orange liqueur, Gin, Cherry, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Rosemary
- Railcar #91 — Cognac, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Orange Foam
- De Rigueur 2 — Bourbon, Scotch, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- California English — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Lemon juice, Honey syrup