I was tasked at work (La Brasa in Somerville) to create a mezcal Paloma-inspired drink served in a coupe. Since the Paloma means dove, a named this after a pretty and once sacred bird in Mexico.
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a grapefruit twist or lime wheel.
I was inspired by Don's Mix (grapefruit + cinnamon) and how well Campari works with cinnamon as well as grapefruit. The 3/8 oz measurements might seem odd, but the concept was to create a grapefruit-Campari-cinnamon syrup cordial so the drink build would be 1.5, 1.5, 0.5, 1 dash.
Created for the La Brasa menu winter menu.
From other users
- So fucking good
- Firetail — Mezcal, Aperol, Orange liqueur, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Mezcal Margarita — Mezcal, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Viva La Frida — Mezcal, Triple sec, Grapefruit juice, Burnt sugar syrup, Grapefruit peel, Orange Mint
- Grapefruit And Smoke — Mezcal, Aperol, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice
- Azteca — Mezcal, Campari, Triple sec, Lime juice, Lime
- White Dahlia — Mezcal, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- Division Bell — Mezcal, Aperol, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Arena y Sangre — Mezcal, Visciolo, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Oaxacan Daisy — Mezcal, Triple sec, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon peel
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico — Mezcal, White Crème de Cacao, Orange bitters, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Lemon peel