the happiest cocktail
|1||oz||Gin, Catoctin Creek|
|2||t||Absinthe, Grande Absente|
|1⁄8||oz||Bitters, Fee Brothers Orange|
Pour ingredients over two cubes of ice, swirl, enjoy.
There is no substitute for the Catoctin Creek Watershed Gin, it is a solid and unique gin from Loudoun County, Virginia and relatively new. The absinthe and bitters brands could likely vary.
The gin's slight sharpness with the absinthe and orange bitters is wonderfully complementary and was a surprising perfect match on a splendid Saturday afternoon.
- Dorflinger — Gin, Absinthe, Orange bitters
- Dorflinger Revisited — Gin, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon peel, Orange peel
- Greco Italian Piccadilly — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Ouzo, Bitters
- Attention — Gin, Absinthe, Crème de Violette, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters
- Obituary Cocktail — Gin, Absinthe, Dry vermouth
- San Juan Dabinett — Gin, Applejack, Bénédictine, Bitters, Orange peel
- Complement Cocktail — Gin, Aquavit, Maraschino Liqueur, Dill
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters