A modern take on the after-dinner liqueur coffee, using modern techniques to match the flavour notes in Chivas 18 with a specific single origin coffee from Guatemala.
|3||oz||Blended Scotch, Chivas 18|
|18||dr||Bitters (Homemade bitters, cardamom and orange)|
|1||oz||Demerara syrup (fig and vanilla)|
|21||Coffee (grams, Guatemalan Palhu Estate)|
Place paper filter in chemex and rinse with freshly boiled water. Remove filter and dump water. Add 90ml of Chivas 18 into the bottom of the chemex and place chemex in hot water bath, 2 inches deep. Place filter back into chemex and add 21 grams of coffee. Coffee should be ground slightly coarser than espresso grind. Mix 30mls of syrup and 18 drops of bitters with 210mls of freshly boiled water in a pouring jug. Add a tiny bit of the hot mixture, enough so that the coffee grounds are wet. Mix with spoon and let sit for 30 seconds. Start to pour the hot mixture in a circular motion (start at the edge and finish in the middle) Once the cone is full, let it drip through and then add the rest of the hot mixture in the center of the cone. Once it has slowed to a slow dribble, discard the cone.
Created for a Chivas 18 competition.
- Tom and Jerry — Brandy, Jamaican rum, Water, Sugar, Whole egg, Nutmeg, Allspice, Cinnamon, Clove
- Christmas Fruitcake Cocktail — Rum, Scotch, Bitters, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Cora, Orange peel
- Bog Harvest 2 — White whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Cranberry liqueur, Cranberry bitters
- The Notorious F.L.I.P. — Jamaican rum, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Whole egg, Demerara syrup, Amaro Nardini, Nutmeg
- The Vowel Cocktail — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Kummel, Bitters, Orange juice
- Tequila Amargo — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Marc de Champagne, Cassis, Bitters
- Verde Temprano — Reposado Tequila, Dry vermouth, Orange liqueur, Celery bitters, Kiwi shrub
- Floridita Special — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec, Amer Picon, Bitters, Sugar
- Alchemist — Scotch, Aromatized wine, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- The French Connection — Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Applejack, Mezcal, Bitters