Demerara syrup is a simple syrup made with demerara sugar. To make demerara syrup, take equal parts demerara sugar and water, combine them in a saucepan, bring the liquid to a boil, and cook for two minutes. Let the syrup cool, add a bit of vodka to preserve the syrup, then filter into a bottle. Demerara syrup that has been preserved with vodka will last for a few weeks in the refrigerator.
Some popular cocktails containing Demerara syrup
- Flor de Cafe — Rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Coffee, Demerara syrup, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- Rest in Pieces of Eight — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Licor 43, Virgin Islands Rum, Egg white, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Demerara syrup
- Blaq Daq — Virgin Islands Rum, Navy strength rum, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Demerara syrup
- Guyana Flip — Rum, Cynar, Port, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg, Whole egg
- summer with andy — Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Ginger, Demerara syrup, Ginger syrup