Demerara syrup is a simple syrup made with demerara sugar. To make demerara syrup, take equal parts demerara sugar and water, combine them in a saucepan, bring the liquid to a boil, and cook for two minutes. Let the syrup cool, add a bit of vodka to preserve the syrup, then filter into a bottle. Demerara syrup that has been preserved with vodka will last for a few weeks in the refrigerator.
Some popular cocktails containing Demerara syrup
- Heat of the Moment — Rye, Zucca, Amaro Montenegro, Demerara syrup, Mint
- summer with andy — Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Ginger, Demerara syrup, Ginger syrup
- Blaq Daq — Virgin Islands Rum, Navy strength rum, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Demerara syrup
- World Cup — Cachaça, Amaro Nonino, Orange bitters, Demerara syrup, Tangerine, Lime
- Mint Tea Julep — Rye, Zucca, Mint, Demerara syrup