|2||oz||Speyside Scotch, Macallan 12|
|1 1⁄2||bsp||Amer Picon (Torani Amer, see notes)|
|2||ds||Bitters, Fee Brothers Peach|
Stir, strain, old fashioned with one large ice cube, no garnish.
I unfortunately don't have Amer Picon but I used Torani Amer, which is what I recommend here. I believe this is a great introduction cocktail to single malt scotch. The honey and herbs pair well with the smooth sherry tones and finish with Macallan and the bitter sweet orange of Amer. Cynar provides the earthy bitter to round out the finish.
The name is a play on the Rusty Nail, from which the inspiration for this cocktail was birthed.
From other users
- Scotch- bitter, herbal?
- Bitter Nail — Scotch, Drambuie, Cynar, Campari
- The MacGregor — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Apricot liqueur
- Cthuhlua — Blended Scotch, Coffee liqueur, Jägermeister, Bitters, Absinthe, Black pepper, Starfruit
- Pop Quiz — Bourbon, Ramazzotti, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Orange Rose — Bourbon, Aperol, Bitters
- Paper Mill — Rye, Cynar, Lemon bitters, Lemon peel
- Orange Sunset — Bourbon, Aperol, Mezcal
- Honeywell — Averna, Bourbon, Islay Scotch, Drambuie, Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange flower water, Lemon peel, Orange peel
- Uncle Neil — Bourbon, Brandy, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Orange bitters
- Border Trilogy — Bourbon, Mezcal, Bitters, Piloncillo syrup, Grapefruit peel