|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, City of London (Tanqueray/Plymouth work too)|
|3⁄4||oz||Simple syrup (Plum-ginger - see note)|
|1||sli||Plum (Coin sized muddling slice)|
Build in Shaker, cut coin of plum flesh and squeeze in to mix. Add 5 large cubes and shake well. Serve up. Double Strain if Desired.
To make Syrup, Mash 2 Quarts of Plums into 3 Quarts of sugar. Add 8-10 thin slices of ginger root, and 3 Quarts of Water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 min. Cool and strain.
Made impromptu at Michael McAvenas house with homemade sake in 2009, finally finding its way onto the Blackbird Menu in 2013.
- Elske Sour #2 — Gin, Sake, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Yeast
- Beaver, The — Dry vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Gin, Lemon juice
- Death & Taxes (Pouring Ribbons) — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Plum eau-de-vie, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit peel
- New Amsterdam Sour — Genever, Red wine, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Match Point — Gin, Manzanilla sherry, Dry apricot brandy, Pear eau de vie, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange flower water
- Babs in DC — Gin, Moscatel Sherry, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup
- Forbidden Fruit #2 — Dry white wine, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Agave syrup, Lime juice
- The Sure Thing — Gin, Aromatized wine, Bianco Vermouth, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Mercy Brown — Gin, Orange liqueur, Aromatized wine, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Bronx Cocktail with Bitters (Income Tax) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Orange juice