Apple brandy and Genever work so well together and both are awesome with Cardamaro. Throw in some herbal accents from the Widow's Kiss, and then you have the Wooden Shoe!
|3⁄4||oz||Apple brandy (Aged such as a VS Calvados or Laird's Bonded)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Earthy, malty, herbal.
I was inspired by a tasty Genever-Cardamaro drink and reading about apple brandy-Cardamaro duo on the Haus Alpenz site, and I wondered if I could fuse the two ideas. The apple brandy aspect made me think of the Widow's Kiss and its Benedictine-Yellow Chartreuse accents. For a name, I looked up Dutch fairy tales to support the Genever ingredient and was inspired by the "The Legend of the Wooden Shoe."
- Maiden's Prayer No. 3 — Aromatized wine, Genever, Peach liqueur, Calvados
- Anabasis — Aromatized wine, Gin, Curaçao, Armagnac, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- Nicole Bettinger — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Drambuie, Kirschwasser
- Tastes Foundations — Rye, Chinato, Rum, Gin, Bitters, Donn's Spices #2, Maple syrup
- Bonfire Sutra — Whiskey, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Ginger liqueur, Bitters
- Martini de Hueso — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters, Bitters
- Gin Blossom — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Dry apricot brandy, Orange bitters
- Manhattan Cocktail No. 1 (Savoy) — Dry vermouth, Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur
- Brian's White Manhattan — White whiskey, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Rob Roy (Smokey and Funky) — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters