|3⁄4||oz||Curaçao, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao|
|3⁄4||oz||Aromatized wine, Cocchi Americano|
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled, Absinthe-rinsed coupe. Garnish with a lemon twist.
A stirred riff on the beloved Corpse Reviver #2, the Anabasis relegates the lemon juice to just a twist and brings in the maltiness of Ransom Old Tom Gin as match to Armagnac's complex spice. Cocchi American also subs in for Lillet Blanc, acting as a bridge between the sweet, spice and citrus notes of the other ingredients. The name Anabasis refers to the antonym of "katabasis", or "underworld", and indicates a trip from a country's coastline back into its interior.
From other users
- Complex, long with a fresh citrus finish
- Would like to ponder over this one again.
- Need to try this.
- Heather liked it, one of her favs
- Nicole Bettinger — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Drambuie, Kirschwasser
- Tastes Foundations — Rye, Chinato, Rum, Gin, Bitters, Donn's Spices #2, Maple syrup
- Spice Trade (Ran Duan) — Genever, Guatemalan rum, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Orange peel
- Delmonico — Gin, Cognac, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Bonfire Sutra — Whiskey, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Ginger liqueur, Bitters
- Zummy — Gin, Bénédictine, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Lemon bitters
- Maiden's Prayer No. 3 — Aromatized wine, Genever, Peach liqueur, Calvados
- Le Bourdonnement — Aromatized wine, Gin, Hum, Orange bitters
- Gin Blossom — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Dry apricot brandy, Orange bitters
- The Onset — Genever, Bianco Vermouth, Gran Classico, Grapefruit peel