Ransom is a producer of small-batch spirits and small-lot wines based in Sheridan, Oregon. Ransom was founded in 1997 by Tad Seestedt, who began distilling grappa, eau de vie and brandy and moved on to gin and whiskey in 2007.
Ransom looks for organic or biodynamic produce, whether grapes, grains or spices, and aims for minimal intervention in the process of winemaking or distilling.
Some popular cocktails containing Ransom
- Baboso — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Rye, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Orange bitters, Suze, Cynar
- A New Hope — Rum, Old Tom Gin, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Nutmeg
- Raton Canyon Cocktail — Old Tom Gin, Amaro Montenegro, Maraschino Liqueur, Cardamom bitters, Lemon peel
- Tom Bomb — Old Tom Gin, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Donn's Spices #2, Orgeat, Honey syrup
- Ransom Negroni — Old Tom Gin, Gran Classico, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel
- Pressure Drop — Old Tom Gin, Amaro Meletti, Dry vermouth, Pear eau de vie, Bitters
- Not known — Old Tom Gin, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup, Raspberry Shrub, Mint
- Hercules — Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Orange cream citrate
- Black Cat — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Old Tom Gin, Cane syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Future Days — Mezcal, Old Tom Gin, Amaro Abano, Absinthe, Grapefruit bitters, Demerara syrup, Grapefruit peel