The rare gin-based Tiki drink.
|1⁄2||oz||Passion fruit syrup|
Blend with a cup of ice until smooth. Pour unstrained into a Pilsner glass or other tall glass.
I've found that a softer gin works well when shaking rather than blending. The orgeat can result in an unpleasantly musky nose in this drink if shaken; to avoid, omit the syrup or blend with lots of ice as in the original instructions.
Won 1967's IBA World Cocktail Championship
From other users
- Tasty and easy going. I wondered if it would be too sweet and it might have been by a little. Might be worth trying to shave the passionfruit back and boost the lemon a touch.
- Made per Smuggler's Cove recipe, with 3/4 oz lemon juice and shaken/strained cocktail rather than blended. Very tasty
- Easy on the Orgeat
- Royal Pearl — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Royal Hawaiian — Gin, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Tom Bomb — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Donn's Spices #2, Orgeat
- In Bruges — Gin, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup, Pineapple, Saison beer
- The Verdure — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Archipelago Swizzle — Genever, Falernum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup, Mint
- Mrs. 404 — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Aperol, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Blue Steel — Old Tom Gin, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Gin & Juice & 'Treuse — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Chinese five spice syrup
- The Winchester — Gin, Old Tom Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine, Ginger syrup