|3⁄4||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail
Delicious and only slightly bitter.
Cocktail resulted from a refinement of an unnamed cocktail using Aperol on Cocktail Chronicles. An anonymous commenter "amateurhour" created the cocktail. A similar comment a month later on ohgo.sh confirms the recipe.
From other users
- Absolutely delicious. Made with Tanqueray. More Campari isn't bad -- 3/4 oz
- EGullet calls for .5 campari rather than .75
- Subbed Cynar as I was out of Campari. Delicious and the grapefruit flavor on the finish is uncanny and excellent.
- Grapefruit juice, but not.
- Good God, that's good!
- Pink. Slightly bitter. Appealing and delicious.
- Excellent! Made with .25 Aperol and .25 Campari as per comments. More interesting (to me), but somwhat similar to the Jasmine (RH) that J likes better.
- Made with Campari/Aperol split. Tastes like ruby red grapefruit juice.
- Comments version is better: 2 oz Campari 1 oz gin (ideally overproof & high juniper) 1/2 oz Elderflower liqueur 3/4 oz lemon (or lime)
- Strong, but not unpleasant, acidity. Absolutely calls grapefruit to mind. Will try variations with Aperol and Cynar.
- Use equal parts campari and aperol 1/4 of each
- yummy. Too much campari for R, but I like it
- Tastes like grapefruit juice, but there is none in there. Very delicious, bitter, sour and not really sweet.
- Beautiful colour! Definitely use a juniper forward London Dry for this one.
- Wow. Fantastic cocktail. The degree to which this evokes grapefruit is, as other have suggested, uncanny.
- Nice, slightly bitter, pretty well balanced. Sort of a grapefruit vibe, as mentioned. Very pretty pink-ish color.
- Up Campari to .75
- Very balanced, very delicious! Added a little lemon garnish
- Straight up pure grapefruit juice
- Went with the 0.25 Campari/0.25 Aperol split; excellent! In addition, Bitter Luxardo substituted for the Campari works well.
- Yet to try
- Try it with high quality blanco tequila - Don Julio for me - tastes fantastic. Added Crude Hibiscus bitters for a floral note since I didn’t use gin.
- Did the aperol/campari split as suggested in the comments. that gave it great grapefruit notes. Garnished with lemon peel
- try with 1/4 campari and 1/4 aperol
- Excellent. Added 1/2 oz Campari and 1/2 oz brovo Amaro 14. Could play around with a few things but this one is quite good, with grapefruit flavors.
- Flugelhorn — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- French Laundry — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice
- Le Antoinette — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Campari, Lemon juice
- Novara — Gin, Campari, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Pure Joy — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Aladdin — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Campari, Bitters, Lemon juice, Basil, Lemon peel
- Liberation — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Crème de Violette, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Between the Devil and the Deep — Navy strength gin, Campari, Falernum, Rhubarb bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- East Side Elder — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Cucumber, Mint
- ZZ's Pineapple Cocktail — Gin, Limoncello, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup