Añejo (aged) rum is a type of rum that spends time in an oak barrel. While there are few legal requirements to use the term añejo, in a given producer's range, a rum with the añejo designation should spend at least a few years in barrel.
Some popular cocktails containing Añejo rum
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Pineapple
- Southward Migration — Bourbon, Añejo rum, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Ginger
- The Miller Shake — Añejo rum, Demerara Rum, Coconut liqueur, Calvados, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Black Cardamom
- Parisian Blonde — Curaçao, Añejo rum, Cream, Cinnamon
- Forgotten Leap Year — Añejo rum, Swedish Punsch, Gran Classico, Lemon juice, Lemon peel