Añejo (aged) rum is a type of rum that spends time in an oak barrel. While there are few legal requirements to use the term añejo, in a given producer's range, a rum with the añejo designation should spend at least a few years in barrel.
Some popular cocktails containing Añejo rum
- Tommy and the Ron Dels — Añejo rum, Tequila, Galliano, Mezcal, Bitters, Absinthe, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Lime
- Clermeil — Añejo rum, Herbal liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Maple syrup
- Omaha Sling — Añejo rum, Falernum, Ginger ale, Blackberry shrub, Lemon juice
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Pineapple
- Southward Migration — Bourbon, Añejo rum, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Ginger