Blume Marillen (literally Apricot Blossom) is a brand of apricot eau de vie - a clear [ingredient=brandy brandy] made from apricots made by Distillery Purkhart in Austria. They use only the Wachau variety called Klosterneuberg (after the castle), and it takes four and a half pounds of fruit to make each bottle of distillate. Apricot eau de vie is very closely associated with Austria, and there are many small producers.
Blume Marillen is crystal clear, and has a strong aroma of ripe apricots with backing notes of marzipan and sweet hay. It has a pleasantly oily texture, and a strong flavor profile of apricot. It is bottled at 80 proof.
Blume Marillen is imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Blume Marillen
- John the Baptist — Irish whiskey, White Crème de Cacao, Apricot eau-de-vie, Absinthe, Pineapple juice, Pistachio syrup, Half-and-half, Coconut cream, Mint, Nutmeg
- High Chicago — Apricot eau-de-vie, Mastika, Pineau des Charentes, Curaçao, Suze, Kummel, Orange peel
- Let's Go Get Stoned — Jamaican rum, Apricot eau-de-vie, Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- In Blume — Apricot eau-de-vie, Bianco Vermouth, Lemon juice, Egg white, Simple syrup, Salt
- World's Greatest Hotel Nacional — Light rum, Apricot eau-de-vie, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Cane syrup
- Altazor — Pisco, Elderflower liqueur, Apricot eau-de-vie, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- Macondo — Nicaraguan Rum, Apricot eau-de-vie, Crème de Banane, Cane syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Pineapple Apricot Tropical — Pisco, Apricot eau-de-vie, Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Simple syrup, Mint
- Mermaid Ave. — Pineapple rum, Apricot eau-de-vie, Lime juice, Orgeat, Soda water
- Apricot Fix — Apricot eau-de-vie, Cognac, Crème de Noyaux, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat