Blume Marillen (literally Apricot Blossom) is a brand of apricot eau de vie - a clear brandy made from apricots made by Distillery Purkhart in Austria. They use only the Wachau variety called Klosterneuberg (after the castle), and it takes four and a half pounds of fruit to make each bottle of distillate. Apricot eau de vie is very closely associated with Austria, and there are many small producers.
Blume Marillen is crystal clear, and has a strong aroma of ripe apricots with backing notes of marzipan and sweet hay. It has a pleasantly oily texture, and a strong flavor profile of apricot. It is bottled at 80 proof.
Blume Marillen is imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Blume Marillen
- High Chicago — Dry apricot brandy, Mastika, Pineau des Charentes, Curaçao, Suze, Kummel, Orange peel
- John the Baptist — Irish whiskey, White Crème de Cacao, Dry apricot brandy, Absinthe, Pineapple juice, Pistachio syrup, Half-and-half, Coconut cream, Mint, Nutmeg
- Let's Go Get Stoned — Jamaican rum, Dry apricot brandy, Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- World's Greatest Hotel Nacional — Light rum, Dry apricot brandy, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Cane syrup
- Altazor — Pisco, Elderflower liqueur, Dry apricot brandy, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- In Blume — Dry apricot brandy, Bianco Vermouth, Lemon juice, Egg white, Simple syrup, Salt
- Macondo — Nicaraguan Rum, Dry apricot brandy, Crème de Banane, Cane syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Pineapple Apricot Tropical — Pisco, Dry apricot brandy, Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Simple syrup, Mint
- Mermaid Ave. — Pineapple rum, Dry apricot brandy, Lime juice, Orgeat, Soda water
- Apricot Fix — Dry apricot brandy, Cognac, Crème de Noyaux, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orgeat