Coconut cream can be used as a cooking fat in much the same way as butter. It should not be confused with cream of coconut, which is a thick, sweetened coconut milk. Many cocktail recipes conflate the two, so it is best to check other sources of sweetness to make sure the recipe is correct.
Coconut cream is very rich, and has a waxy-sweet vaguely nutty aroma.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut cream
- Christmas Island — Jamaican rum, Falernum, Bitters, Coconut cream, Don's Mix, Lime juice
- Piña Colada — Dark rum, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Maraschino cherry, Pineapple
- Chartreuse Colada — Herbal liqueur, Jamaican rum, Branca Menta, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Mint
- Piña Colada (Beer) — Stout, Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Mint
- Frozen Piña Colada — Dark rum, Ice, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Maraschino cherry, Pineapple