Coconut cream is the fat fraction that rises to the top of [ingredient=coconut-milk coconut milk], which is itself made from an infusion of grated [ingredient=coconut coconut] meat in either warm milk or water.
Coconut cream can be used as a cooking fat in much the same way as butter. It should not be confused with cream of coconut, which is a thick, sweetened coconut milk. Many cocktail recipes conflate the two, so it is best to check other sources of sweetness to make sure the recipe is correct.
Coconut cream is very rich, and has a waxy-sweet vaguely nutty aroma.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut cream
- Golden Cadillac (Coconut, GCNYC) — Galliano, Crème de Cacao, Coconut cream
- Piña Colada (Beer) — Stout, Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Coconut cream, Pineapple juice, Mint
- John the Baptist — Irish whiskey, White Crème de Cacao, Apricot eau-de-vie, Absinthe, Pineapple juice, Pistachio syrup, Half-and-half, Coconut cream, Mint, Nutmeg
- Piña Verde — Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Mint
- Angostura Colada — Bitters, Rum, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Orange, Pineapple, Nutmeg
- There's Always Money in the Banana Stand — Dark rum, Navy strength rum, Crème de Banane, Allspice Dram, Coconut cream, Lime juice
- Cafe Colada — Jamaican rum, Crème de Banane, Coffee liqueur, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Orange juice, Lime juice, Nutmeg
- Shipwreck — Rum, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice
- Frozen Piña Colada — Dark rum, Ice, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Maraschino cherry, Pineapple
- Another Time — Dark rum, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Coconut cream, Cane syrup