Coconut cream can be used as a cooking fat in much the same way as butter. It should not be confused with cream of coconut, which is a thick, sweetened coconut milk. Many cocktail recipes conflate the two, so it is best to check other sources of sweetness to make sure the recipe is correct.
Coconut cream is very rich, and has a waxy-sweet vaguely nutty aroma.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut cream
- Christmas Island — Jamaican rum, Falernum, Bitters, Coconut cream, Don's Mix, Lime juice
- Another Time — Dark rum, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Coconut cream, Cane syrup
- Cabana Club — Amontillado Sherry, Absinthe, Overproof rum, Coconut Water, Coconut milk, Coconut cream, Cinnamon syrup
- There’s Always Money in the Banana Stand — Dark rum, Navy strength rum, Crème de Banane, Allspice Dram, Coconut cream, Lime juice
- Pololu — Gin, Brandy, Orange Curaçao, Orange bitters, Ice, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream