Coconut cream can be used as a cooking fat in much the same way as butter. It should not be confused with cream of coconut, which is a thick, sweetened coconut milk. Many cocktail recipes conflate the two, so it is best to check other sources of sweetness to make sure the recipe is correct.
Coconut cream is very rich, and has a waxy-sweet vaguely nutty aroma.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut cream
- Piña Colada (Beer) — Stout, Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Coconut cream, Pineapple juice, Mint
- Backseat Bingo — Rum, Crème de Banane, Zucca, Ice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Orgeat, Demerara syrup
- John the Baptist — Irish whiskey, White Crème de Cacao, Dry apricot brandy, Absinthe, Pineapple juice, Pistachio syrup, Half-and-half, Coconut cream, Mint, Nutmeg
- Angostura Colada — Bitters, Rum, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Orange, Pineapple, Nutmeg
- Piña Verde — Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Mint
- Shipwreck — Rum, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice
- Cafe Colada — Jamaican rum, Crème de Banane, Coffee liqueur, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Orange juice, Lime juice, Nutmeg
- Cargo Cult — Jamaican rum, Licor 43, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Guava juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice
- A Scotsman In Paradise — Blended Scotch, Crème de Banane, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream
- Chartreuse Colada — Herbal liqueur, Jamaican rum, Branca Menta, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Mint