Coconut liqueur is a liqueur flavored with coconuts, usually in a base of neutral spirits. While the line is fine between a flavored vodka or rum and a liqueur, liqueurs should be thicker texturally and have a prominent note of the flavoring agent.
One common brand of coconut liqueur is Kalani, made by the D'Aristi company of Mexico. Kalani is bottled at 60 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Coconut liqueur
- The Miller Shake — Añejo rum, Demerara Rum, Coconut liqueur, Calvados, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Black Cardamom
- Coconut Cardamom Milk Punch — Coconut rum, Coconut liqueur, Swedish Punsch, Bitters, Half-and-half
- Hikihoho — Martinique Rum, Parfait Amour, Coconut liqueur, Triple sec, Blanco tequila, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat, Vanilla extract
- Isle of Islay Swizzle — Blended Scotch, Coconut liqueur, Islay Scotch, Falernum, Lemon juice, Passion fruit juice
- The Sovereign — Rye, Coconut liqueur, Ramazzotti, Herbal liqueur