Orange Curaçao is a type of orange liqueur made on the Caribbean island of Curaçao. Using the word orange to modify Curaçao isn't really necessary if it refers to the clear liqueur, as all Curaçao is made from oranges.
Curaçao can be artificially colored in various shades, including orange, though the aroma and flavor is the same as the clear version.
Many producers make a version of orange Curaçao, but the Senior brand is still made on the island itself.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange Curaçao
- The Hotel Room Temperature — Sweet vermouth, Orange Curaçao, Rum, Bitters, Orange peel
- The Magnolia Tree — Gin, Orange Curaçao, Campari, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice
- Saffron and Bitter Orange Martini — Orange Curaçao, Bianco Vermouth, Orange bitters, Water
- Star Daisy — Orange Curaçao, Applejack, Gin, Lemon juice
- Pegu Club — Gin, Orange Curaçao, Bitters, Orange bitters, Lime juice