Orange Curaçao is a type of [ingredient=orange-liqueur orange liqueur] made on the Caribbean island of Curaçao. Using the word orange to modify Curaçao isn't really necessary if it refers to the clear liqueur, as all Curaçao is made from oranges.
Curaçao can be artificially colored in various shades, including orange, though the aroma and flavor is the same as the clear version.
Many producers make a version of orange Curaçao, but the Senior brand is still made on the island itself.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange Curaçao
- Black Tea Crusta In The Rye — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Hotel Room Temperature — Sweet vermouth, Rum, Orange Curaçao, Bitters, Orange peel
- Beemer — Falernum, Aromatized wine, Orange Curaçao, Lime juice
- South Seas Zombie — Light rum, Overproof rum, Sweet vermouth, Dark rum, Orange Curaçao, Falernum, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Studebaker — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Orange Curaçao, Lemon peel
- NJ Sour — Apple brandy, Orange Curaçao, Averna, Fig, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Lemon
- Planter's Punch (Dale DeGroff) — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Orange Curaçao, Falernum, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange juice, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Corpse Reviver variation #8 — Bourbon, Orange Curaçao, Aromatized wine, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- McMillian — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Bénédictine, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Mint
- South Slope — Gin, Aperol, Aromatized wine, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
Explore more Orange Curaçao cocktails.