Pear liqueur is a type of liqueur either naturally or artificially flavored with [ingredient=pear pears]. Some high quality pear liqueurs are made from a base of pear [ingredient=brandy brandy] that is macerated with pears, then sweetened. Others are simply a neutral spirit with pear flavorings and sugar added. Pear liqueur is typically clear and pale yellow in color, though having a wood-aged spirit as the base may change that.
There are many brands of pear liqueur available in most markets, with some of the better ones being Mathilde, Belle de Brillet (which has a [ingredient=brandy Cognac] base), Clear Creek (from Oregon), and J Winery (in Sonoma County, California).
Most high quality pear liqueurs are bottled around 70 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Pear liqueur
- Autumn Sangria — Hard cider, Albarino, Pear liqueur, Pear, Ginger juice
- My Dear Quarantine — Gin, Pear liqueur, Soda water, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel, Cardamom
- Kellyanne — Pear Vodka, Vanilla vodka, Pear liqueur, Dry vermouth, Apple cider, Cinnamon, Pear
- Stache — Rye, Pear liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup, Egg white
- Papear Plane — Pear liqueur, Amaro, Aperol, Lemon juice
- Rites of Spring — Aquavit, Bianco Vermouth, Pear liqueur, Bitters, Oleo-saccharum, Star anise, Lemon peel
- Pear Sidecar — Pear liqueur, Bitters, Spanish brandy, Lemon juice, Oleo-saccharum
- Marigold — Cachaça, Pisco, Pear liqueur, Lemon juice, Chamomile syrup, Saffron bitters
- Islay Dawn — Islay Scotch, Pear liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Sun & Earth — Reposado Tequila, Amargo-Vallet, Pear liqueur, Ginger liqueur