Pineapple rum is a type of rum flavored, either naturally or artificially, with pineapple. It is typically clear and lightly sweetened, with most commercial bottlings being around 70 proof. Homemade versions of pineapple rum involve maceration, and generally give a more complex, pale yellow finished product.
Some common brands of pineapple rum include Cruzan, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay, and Coruba.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple rum
- Vieux Ananas — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Pineapple rum, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Bird in Flight — Pineapple rum, Campari, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice, Demerara syrup
- Stiggins Daiquiri #2 — Pineapple rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- Hazy Daiquiri — Pineapple rum, Grapefruit bitters, Grand Hops Amaro, Mango Syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice
- Murciélago — Pineapple rum, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice