Pineapple rum is a type of rum flavored, either naturally or artificially, with pineapple. It is typically clear and lightly sweetened, with most commercial bottlings being around 70 proof. Homemade versions of pineapple rum involve maceration, and generally give a more complex, pale yellow finished product.
Some common brands of pineapple rum include Cruzan, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay, and Coruba.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple rum
- Hazy Daiquiri — Pineapple rum, Grapefruit bitters, Grand Hops Amaro, Mango Syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice
- Mallarmé — Martinique Rum, Bianco Vermouth, Pineapple rum, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Darling Nikki — Pineapple rum, Rum, Triple sec, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- Trampoline Casualty — Pineapple rum, Sloe gin, Demerara Rum, Orange bitters, Chocolate bitters, Maraschino cherry, Ginger syrup, Lemon juice
- Hey Baby, Que Paso? — Pineapple rum, Amaro, Raspberry syrup, Lime juice, Lime