Pineapple rum is a type of rum flavored, either naturally or artificially, with pineapple. It is typically clear and lightly sweetened, with most commercial bottlings being around 70 proof. Homemade versions of pineapple rum involve maceration, and generally give a more complex, pale yellow finished product.
Some common brands of pineapple rum include Cruzan, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay, and Coruba.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple rum
- Reconstructed Surfer on Acid — Pineapple rum, Jägermeister, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Mallarmé — Martinique Rum, Bianco Vermouth, Pineapple rum, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Vieux Ananas — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Pineapple rum, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Bird in Flight — Pineapple rum, Campari, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice, Demerara syrup
- Stiggins Daiquiri #2 — Pineapple rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice