Pineapple rum is a type of rum flavored, either naturally or artificially, with pineapple. It is typically clear and lightly sweetened, with most commercial bottlings being around 70 proof. Homemade versions of pineapple rum involve maceration, and generally give a more complex, pale yellow finished product.
Some common brands of pineapple rum include Cruzan, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay, and Coruba.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple rum
- Hazy Daiquiri — Pineapple rum, Grapefruit bitters, Grand Hops Amaro, Mango Syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice
- The Dickensian Villain — Rye, Pineapple rum, Fernet Branca, Orange peel, Grenadine
- Jerk Store — Mezcal, Pineapple rum, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cinnamon syrup
- Rooty Cane — Navy strength rum, Pineau des Charentes, Suze, Pineapple rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters
- Two Apples — Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Pineapple rum, Bitters