Pineapple rum is a type of rum flavored, either naturally or artificially, with pineapple. It is typically clear and lightly sweetened, with most commercial bottlings being around 70 proof. Homemade versions of pineapple rum involve maceration, and generally give a more complex, pale yellow finished product.
Some common brands of pineapple rum include Cruzan, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay, and Coruba.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple rum
- Trampoline Casualty — Pineapple rum, Sloe gin, Demerara Rum, Orange bitters, Chocolate bitters, Maraschino cherry, Ginger syrup, Lemon juice
- Hey Baby, Que Paso? — Pineapple rum, Amaro, Raspberry syrup, Lime juice, Lime
- Vieux Ananas — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Pineapple rum, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Bird in Flight — Pineapple rum, Campari, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice, Demerara syrup
- Rooty Cane — Navy strength rum, Pineau des Charentes, Suze, Pineapple rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters