Pineapple rum is a type of rum flavored, either naturally or artificially, with pineapple. It is typically clear and lightly sweetened, with most commercial bottlings being around 70 proof. Homemade versions of pineapple rum involve maceration, and generally give a more complex, pale yellow finished product.
Some common brands of pineapple rum include Cruzan, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay, and Coruba.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple rum
- Reconstructed Surfer on Acid — Pineapple rum, Jägermeister, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Ohana Joe — Pineapple rum, Overproof rum, Coffee liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- Baby Zombie — Applejack, Pineapple rum, Jamaican rum, Orange liqueur, Falernum, Bitters, Absinthe, Passion fruit puree, Grenadine, Lime juice, Pineapple, Cinnamon
- Daiquiri No. 5 — Pineapple rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup
- Mermaid Ave. — Pineapple rum, Dry apricot brandy, Lime juice, Orgeat, Soda water
- Jerk Store — Mezcal, Pineapple rum, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cinnamon syrup
- Murciélago — Pineapple rum, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- Vieux Ananas — Rye, Pineapple rum, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Two Apples — Pineapple rum, Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- French Amérique Sour — Pineapple rum, Rhum Agricole, Bitters, Bigallet China-China, Orgeat, Lime juice, Pineapple, Orchid