Spiced rum is a type of [ingredient=rum rum] that is macerated with spices, such as nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon or clove. They are typically 70 proof --lower proof than other rums, but not sweet enough to be rum liqueurs.
Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerry are two brands of spiced rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Spiced Rum
- Bonbon Amer — Aromatized wine, Amaro Montenegro, Spiced Rum, Bitters, Grapefruit, Mint
- Citrus Fever — Spiced Rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Cardamom bitters, Grapefruit syrup, Lemon juice
- Eggnog, Morgenthaler — Brandy, Spiced Rum, Milk, Heavy cream, Sugar, Whole egg, Nutmeg
- Flue-cured — Rye, Chambord, Spiced Rum, Fernet Branca, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Campari, Orange bitters
- Jack White's Girlfriend — Spiced Rum, Campari, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Ginger shrub, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Golden Parachute — Spiced Rum, Brut Champagne, Egg white, Lime juice, Orgeat, Simple syrup, Mint, Orange flower water
- Planter's Punch (Spiced Rum) — Spiced Rum, Trinidad rum, Campari, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Unknown & Disguised — Herbal liqueur, Amer Picon, Mezcal, Spiced Rum, Lime juice, Coriander
- Pacquiao's Punch — Spiced Rum, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Lemon bitters, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup
- Harbor Nights — Spiced Rum, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Orange