Spiced rum is a type of rum that is macerated with spices, such as nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon or clove. They are typically 70 proof --lower proof than other rums, but not sweet enough to be rum liqueurs.
Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerry are two brands of spiced rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Spiced Rum
- Cradle of Life — Light rum, Spiced Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Orange juice
- The Black Freighter — Spiced Rum, Suze, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Golden Parachute — Spiced Rum, Brut Champagne, Egg white, Lime juice, Orgeat, Simple syrup, Mint, Orange flower water
- Two Hits — Spiced Rum, Jasmine Liqueur, Jamaican rum, Elderflower liqueur, Baked Apple Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Lemon juice
- Stew's Sideyard Punch — Spiced Rum, Coffee liqueur, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Guava juice