Strawberry syrup is a type of simple syrup that has strawberries cooked into the syrup briefly in order to soften them. Once the syrup is cool, the liquid is pureed and strained, resulting in a reddish colored, musky-scented sweet syrup.
Strawberry syrup is easier to work with than the fresh fruit, as the seeds do not need to be strained out of the cocktail before serving. Homemade strawberry syrup is a good way to preserve the aroma and flavor of strawberries when they're out of season.
Some popular cocktails containing Strawberry syrup
- Dream Catcher — Bourbon, Zucca, Rhubarb bitters, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup
- Rabbit Fernet — Fernet, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Orange, Strawberry
- Rossini (2020) — Prosecco, Aromatized wine, Strawberry syrup, Strawberry
- Chinese Proverb — Gin, Lychee liqueur, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Lemon
- Shipwrecked with Ginger Grant — Gin, Allspice Dram, Hibiscus ginger beer, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Strawberry syrup, Mint
- Sunshine of Another Day — Mezcal, Amaro Abano, Lime juice, Ancho Reyes Verde chile liqueur, Strawberry syrup
- Malageña — Mezcal, Framboise, Zucca, Lime juice, Strawberry syrup, Orange peel
- Leisure Suit — Old Tom Gin, Sorel liqueur, Soda water, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Cream, Egg white, Orange flower water
- Bitter Rabbit — Brut Champagne, Fernet, Gin, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Lemon peel
- Belle Epoque — Dry vermouth, Kirschwasser, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Egg white