Strawberry syrup is a type of simple syrup that has strawberries cooked into the syrup briefly in order to soften them. Once the syrup is cool, the liquid is pureed and strained, resulting in a reddish colored, musky-scented sweet syrup.
Strawberry syrup is easier to work with than the fresh fruit, as the seeds do not need to be strained out of the cocktail before serving. Homemade strawberry syrup is a good way to preserve the aroma and flavor of strawberries when they're out of season.
Some popular cocktails containing Strawberry syrup
- Bitter Rabbit — Brut Champagne, Fernet, Gin, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Lemon peel
- Belle Epoque — Dry vermouth, Kirschwasser, Strawberry syrup, Lemon juice, Egg white
- Rabbit Fernet — Fernet, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Strawberry syrup, Orange, Strawberry
- Malageña — Mezcal, Framboise, Zucca, Strawberry syrup, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Leisure Suit — Old Tom Gin, Sorel liqueur, Soda water, Strawberry syrup, Lemon juice, Cream, Egg white, Orange flower water