Basically a variant on the Bijou with the gin and Chartreuse split. Like sipping an alpine meadow.
|1⁄2||oz||Gin, Beefeater 24|
|1⁄2||oz||Flavored vodka, 66 Gilead (Canadian Pine)|
|1||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Antica Formula|
Add all ingredients to mixing glass along with ice and stir until chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe. No garnish
As you can imagine, this one is for those that like a healthy dose of herbaceousness in their cocktails. 66 Gilead makes their Pine Vodka by distilling fresh pine needles into their whole wheat vodka, "capturing the essence of Canada’s Boreal Forest." You could sub in Clear Creek's Douglas Fir eau-de-vie, I'm sure.
Picked up a bottle of 66 Gilead's Pine Vodka and tried several cocktails looking for a good use for it. Settled on this Bijou variant. The combination of pine, herbal liqueur and a zesty, spicy, vegetal amaro makes me think of Alpine Tundra.
From other users
- Think Cascade Street gin in place of the pine vodka.
- Substitute Bols for the Flavored Vodka
- Alamagoozlum Cocktail — Genever, Herbal liqueur, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Curaçao, Water, Gomme syrup, Egg white
- Wounded Swede — Bonal Gentiane Quina, Oude genever, Herbal liqueur, Cherry Liqueur, Orange peel
- Floral Explosion — Pisco, Herbal liqueur, Suze, Lavender bitters, Orange flower water
- Green Havana — Licor 43, Herbal liqueur, Rum, Water
- Pirate Slave — Rhum Agricole, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange bitters, Cane syrup
- Zummy — Gin, Bénédictine, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Lemon bitters
- Monastery Cocktail — Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Franklin Bearse — Rum, Triple sec, Herbal liqueur, Bitters
- Lady Sniper — Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Blanco tequila, Lemon peel
- Saveur Kiss — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Bing cherry syrup, Egg white, Lemon juice, Smoked Sea Salt, Bing Cherry