A David Bowie tribute that raised money for the Jimmy Fund and acted as our Negroni Week cocktail.
|1⁄2||oz||Pear liqueur (St. George's Spiced Pear)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish, cut into the shape of a lightning bolt.)|
Stir with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a lemon peel lightning bolt floated.
I found that fruit liqueurs seem to modulate Campari in interesting and less bitter ways, so I tinkered with St. George's Spiced Pear Liqueur and uncovered that it made for an excellent combination. Soon, gin and Lillet came into formation to make a variation on a classic Negroni. With David Bowie's passing, one of the owners wanted it to be a tribute and we settled on Life on Mars. Part of the sales of the drink went to the Jimmy Fund cancer charity in honor of Bowie.
- Two Blushing Pilgrims — Gin, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Campari, Simple syrup, Rose water
- Too Much Too Little Too Late — Gin, Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Gran Classico
- Lindberg's Baby — Old Tom Gin, Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Grapefruit bitters
- STH — Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Aromatized wine, Bitters
- Self-Starter Cocktail — Gin, Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Absinthe
- Maiden's Prayer No. 3 — Aromatized wine, Genever, Peach liqueur, Calvados
- The Onset — Genever, Bianco Vermouth, Gran Classico, Grapefruit peel
- Ford Cocktail — Old Tom Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Bénédictine, Orange peel
- Le Bourdonnement — Aromatized wine, Gin, Hum, Orange bitters
- dRYe Martini — Bianco Vermouth, Gin, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange peel