A Remember the Maine - Negroni mashup of sorts.
|1||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄2||oz||Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Heering|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass, fill with ice, and garnish with an orange twist.
I was inspired by the Canon Cocktail Books's Remember the Maine riff called the Remember the Alamo that utilized Punt e Mes instead of sweet vermouth. Originally, I wanted to merge both Cherry Heering drinks with a Boulevardier, but gin won out since I could come up with a name. Here, I paid homage both to Count Camillo Negroni and to sinking ships.
- Suzette — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Suze, Orange peel
- Supercool Vieux Carré — Genever, Sweet vermouth, Dark rum, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters
- Negroni (Katie Loeb) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari
- Gin and It — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Orange peel
- Death & Taxes — Gin, Amer Picon, Elderflower liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Orange peel
- Spanky Panky Martini — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Mint
- Broken English — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Strega, Fernet Branca, Bénédictine, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Staying Together For The Children — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Montenegro, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon peel
- Nerina — Meletti Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Gin, Orange peel
- Oxalic — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Ramazzotti, Grappa, Orange bitters, Orange peel