|1||Maraschino cherry (as garnish)|
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish.
This is the original, historic recipe, which many find too sweet today. See Bijou (dry)
Name means jewel in French, named after precious stones: diamond (gin), ruby (vermouth), emerald (chartreuse). Originally ingredients were floated. - Wikipedia
From other users
- Added 1/2 lemon, which transformed the drink, balancing the sweet.
- Sweet and earthy.
- 1.5 oz This 2 oz That
- I like all the pieces but the whole is sweet, unbalanced, and surprisingly unappealing.
- Sweet. I use only 3/4 Chartreuse..
- Tailspin — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Maraschino cherry, Lemon peel
- Saveur Kiss — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Bing cherry syrup, Egg white, Lemon juice, Smoked Sea Salt, Bing Cherry
- Cocktail à la Louisiane — Rye, Bénédictine, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Maraschino cherry
- Christmas Cheer — Becherovka, Pomegranate Liqueur, Bitters, Cherry syrup