My Chicago-themed tribute to the Poet's Dream.
|1⁄2||oz||Lillet Blanc (Or Cocchi Americano)|
|1⁄2||oz||Herbal liqueur, Jeppson's Malort (Other malörts will work too)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
I wondered what a Martini riff would be like with malört as a modifier? Would it be elegant as well as tasty? Therefore, I started with the Poet's Dream and besides swapping the liqueurs, I exchanged the dry vermouth for a split of Cocchi Americano and blanc vermouth since I figured that a little extra sweetness would round out the edges here. For a name, I paid tribute to a punk club in Chicago (given the Chicago-loved herbal liqueur) called Exit where I had been taken years ago.
- Peridot — Gin, Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Self-Starter Cocktail — Gin, Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Absinthe
- Savoir Faire — Gin, Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Frunchroom — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Herbal liqueur
- Lindberg's Baby — Old Tom Gin, Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Grapefruit bitters
- Prime Directive — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Ott's Special — Gin, Strega, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- The Botanist — Gin, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- La Parie — Gin, Aromatized wine, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon peel
- Zaza (Dubonett Cocktail) — Gin, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Lemon peel