|3⁄4||oz||Strawberry syrup (strawberry-basil-tomato syrup)|
Shake, dry shake, strain, serve in a Nick & Nora glass. Garnish with a whole strawberry, sliced so it rests on the rim.
Strawberry-basil-tomato syrup: make an oleo saccharum by steeping fresh chopped strawberries and basil in sugar overnight, and then add fresh tomato juice (an equal amount by weight to the sugar) to the mix, stir, and strain off the solids. Depending on the acidity of your tomato juice you may want to adjust the balancd of the drink.
- A Rose for Hemingway — Dry vermouth, Kirschwasser, Raspberry, Lemon juice, Egg white, Raspberry syrup, Simple syrup
- Blackberry on Rye — Red wine, Rye, Bitters, Blackberry, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Café Royal Special — Dry vermouth, Sloe gin, Gin, Lemon juice
- Zwei — Genever, Maurin Quina, Kummel, Salers Gentiane, Lemon juice
- Northern Lights (David Delaney Jr.) — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Bitters, Cranberry, Cranberry sauce, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Scofflaw — Rye, Dry vermouth, Grenadine, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Moon Watcher — Blended Scotch, Madeira, Allspice Dram, Crème de Banane, Cranberry bitters, Cranberry, Lime peel
- Liquid Gold — Champagne, Cognac, Bitters, White grape juice, Lemon juice
- Gobbler's Knob — Aquavit, Amontillado Sherry, Herbal liqueur, Falernum, Celery bitters, Cranberry, Sage syrup, Orange
- Riverside — Bourbon, Raspberry liqueur, Dry vermouth, Lemon juice, Lemon peel