|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
Drink (Boston) uses 1-3/4 rye, 3/4 vermouth, 1/2 lemon, 3/8 grenadine, 1 dash Angostura Orange
From other users
- I made the Drink version
- I liked the following ratios: 1 1/2 oz rye, 1 oz vermouth, 3/4 oz lemon, 3/4 oz grenadine (Haigh's recipe).
- Made it with Bulleit and homemade Grenadine. So much better than with Rose's syrup
- My first cocktail with homemade grenadine, as per Morgenthaler. Used DrunkLab's recipe and liked it. Nice rye sour.
- Look at Death & Co. version. Uses Templeton, Dolin (half Blanc and half Dry), 1/2 oz each of lemon juice and grenadine. Increase the Rye by 1/2 oz
- Solid cocktail enjoying a resurgence. And deserving it.
- Outstanding: sweet, refreshing, and flavorful.
- Dont have Canadian whisky so mixed bourbon and Amrut and tasted pretty good-have to try with Canadian sometime!
- I made as directed w/ Sagamore Rye and homemade grenadine. Next time I will try the Boston or Death & Co. recipe which has lower grenadine maybe making it less sweet. It's good...just really sweet. Bonded Rye could also help.
- Used the Drink proportions w Bulleit, Dolin, and a dash of Orange bitters.
- Artist's Special Cocktail — Rye, Sherry, Redcurrant syrup, Lemon juice
- Bologna Sour — Bourbon, Lambrusco, Montenegro, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Baumé Squad — Bourbon, Red wine, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Perfect Storm — Bourbon, Ruby Port, Allspice Dram, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- O'Gara — Tennessee whiskey, Tawny port, Cynar, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Fossicker — Cognac, Lambrusco, Bärenjäger, Rum, Lemon juice
- Piedmont Sour — Bourbon, Chinato, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Brooklyn Cocktail — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amer Picon, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Greenwich Sour — Bourbon, Red wine, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Wilco (The Drink) — Bourbon, Midwest Wheat White Whiskey, Bianco Vermouth, Orange bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Orange peel