|2||oz||Bourbon, Angel's Envy|
|1||oz||Red wine (as float)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (flamed, as garnish)|
Stir everything but red wine and twist over ice. Strain into a coupe. Float red wine, flame twist over top and discard.
This is a revision of the Brix Layer - a 12 oz cocktail I had recently at a local Portland restaurant. Their idea was to cross an Old Fashioned with a New York Sour. This is more like a Ward Eight crossed with a New York Sour.
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Manly Pink Drink — Midwest Wheat White Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice
- O'Gara — Tennessee whiskey, Tawny port, Cynar, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Milwaukie — Kinnickinnic Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Rehorst Citrus & Honey Vodka, Orange bitters, Honey syrup, Pineapple
- bargellino — Rye, Dry vermouth, Montenegro, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange peel
- Riverside — Bourbon, Raspberry liqueur, Dry vermouth, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Black Feather — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Bitters
- Black Pagoda — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec
- Bombay Cocktail (No.2) — Brandy, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Piedmont Sour — Bourbon, Chinato, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat