|1⁄2||oz||Fino sherry (pale dry)|
|5||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters (as a rinse)|
Stir with ice, roll bitters in chilled snifter, strain into snifter, garnish. Extra-wide orange twist, Stir, Straight Up, Snifter
Challenging. Quite bitter. I drank it on the rocks, and it mellowed nicely. Otherwise would need to cook some. Might benefit from more sherry.
From other users
- A challenging drink to linger over.
- Made with Calle 23 blanco, not anejo. Very good. Bitter and, with that blanco, very peppery-- might be worth trying with some Abano.
- A very unusual combination but it has balance and a pleasing taste.
- Latin Trifecta — Cynar, Tequila, Dry sherry, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Spanish Sigh — Cynar, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Demerara Rum, Cream Sherry, Bitters, Orange peel, Salt, Orange
- The Missus — Amontillado Sherry, Cynar, Rhum Agricole, Bitters
- The Warning Label — Demerara Rum, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Campari, Lemon peel
- Choke On This Drink — Cynar, Rye, Cognac, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Orgeat
- To Hell with Spain — Cynar, Rye, Absinthe, Cherry Liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice
- New Hickory Cocktail — Cynar, Manzanilla sherry, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Dry vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Fumidus — Cynar, Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Exhumation Cocktail — Canadian whisky, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Fernet, Cardamom bitters, Lemon peel