A Corpse Reviver #1 crossed with a Right Hand
|1⁄2||oz||Apple brandy (Aged such as a VS Calvados or Laird's Bonded)|
|3||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||Cherry (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a cherry.
Recently, I thought about the Cognac-apple brandy combination of the Corpse Reviver No. 1 from the Savoy Cocktail Book and wondered what I could do with it. Two years ago, I was pushed to take the uninspiring split spirit Manhattan of sorts without bitters and provide it some pizzazz by giving it the Vieux Carré treatment to concoct the Corpse Carré. Here, I wondered how these spirits would do in the Campari-laden Hand series created at Sasha Petraske's Milk & Honey in New York City.
- My Black and Bitter Heart — Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Rye, Campari, Coffee liqueur, Bitters, Cherry
- Right to the Bitter End — Bourbon, Byrrh, Campari, Peychaud's Bitters, Cherry
- Left Hand — Bourbon, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Old City — Rye, Bigallet China-China, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Brandied cherry
- Boulevardier — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Maraschino cherry
- Bob's Old Spice 50 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Simple syrup, Lemon peel, Absinthe
- Eyetalian Cocktail — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Cherry, Blood orange peel
- Monk's Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Bénédictine, Cherry, Orange peel
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rum, Rye, Bitters, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Tequila Amargo — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Marc de Champagne, Cassis, Bitters