|1 1⁄2||oz||Light rum|
|1⁄2||oz||Gin (London Dry)|
|3||oz||Cola, Coca Cola (to top)|
|1||wdg||Lime (as garnish)|
Shake first four ingredients, strain into collins glass with cracked ice, top with cola. Garnish with lime wedge and serve with a straw.
Cane-sweetened cola is recommended.
The original Cuba Libre (simply Rum and Coke) first emerged around 1900 in Havana, Cuba. Dave Stolte reports that Paul Harrington created this spin on the simple classic by adding gin and Angostura bitters at the suggestion of a Venezuelan customer at his bar in California in 1995.
- Doctor Funk (Don the Beachcomber) — Light rum, Pastis, Soda water, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Savory Pimm's Cup — Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Pastis, Birch beer, Lime juice
- Finnish Sky — Vodka, Light rum, White Crème de Cacao, Blue Curaçao, White Crème de Menthe, Soda water
- King Collins — Basil eau de vie, Soda water, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- La Fresa Cocktail — Tequila, Lemon soda, Balsamic Vinegar, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Strawberry
- Judge Smail's Highball — Tequila, Aperol, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Lime juice
- Chilcano de Pisco — Pisco, Bitters, Ginger ale, Key lime
- Marco Polo — Arrack, Blood Orangecello, Sparkling water, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Phil Collins — Cucumber Vodka, Herbal liqueur, Cranberry bitters, Soda water, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Gin Fizz — Gin, Club soda, Simple syrup, Lemon juice