|1 1⁄2||oz||Irish whiskey, Jameson Black Barrel|
|1⁄2||oz||Irish whiskey, Connemara (or other peated whisk(e)y)|
|3||ds||Bitters, Dr Adam Elmegirab's Orinoco Bitters|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Vanilla Soda water|
|1||pn||Nutmeg (as garnish)|
Shake, strain over one large ice cube in a mustache cup* or highball, top with vanilla cream soda, garnish.
A mustache cup was used by 19th Century sporting men to keep their tipples out of their mustaches. For more on the sporting class, see Wondrich's Imbibe!
This will probably remain the only drink on KindredCocktails to specify tamarind chutney.
From other users
- Delicious when I tried it at the Rabbit. Savory, sweet, complex.
- Lola Montez — Irish whiskey, Madeira, Pimento bitters, Vanilla Soda water, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- Nancy Whiskey — Irish whiskey, Branca Menta, Soda water, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Honey syrup, Nutmeg, Lemon peel
- The Kilbeggan Secret Sour — Irish whiskey, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Soda water, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Sin Eater — Apple brandy, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup
- Buck Mulligan — Irish whiskey, Strega, Bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice, Ginger-Honey Syrup
- French Maid — Cognac, Falernum, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Cucumber, Mint
- The Copywriter — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Soda water, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Lemon peel
- Maiden's Tankard — Armagnac, Vanilla liqueur, Calvados, Bitters, Cucumber soda, Lemon juice, Quince jelly, Lemon cordial, Nutmeg
- Tribe of the Horned Heart — Islay Scotch, Kirschwasser, Falernum, Soda water, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Kentucky Mule — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Soda water, Agave syrup, Lemon juice