"This place is like... the end of the world."
|1 1⁄2||oz||Japanese Whisky, Yamazaki 12|
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|3⁄4||oz||Eau de vie of Douglas Fir|
|3⁄4||oz||Ginger liqueur, Domaine de Canton|
|1||rinse||Islay Scotch, Laphroaig 10|
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled, Laphroaig 10 rinsed large rocks glass or, ideally, brandy snifter.
The salty, peaty smell of the Laphroaig 10 is essential here so make sure you use a large rocks glass or a snifter. Upon your first sip, you'll immediately notice the pine and ginger, followed by the warm qualities of the Yamazaki with the bitterness of the Punt e Mes resting just beneath. Depending on your tolerance for liqueurs, you may want to adjust the amount of Domain de Canton.
Kasumiku (香住区) is a small town on the northern shore of Hyogo Prefecture, that's nestled between the Japan sea and the San-in Mountain Range. Due to its location, Kasumiku is subject to hot, humid summers and heavy snowfall during the winter. The Kasumiku Cocktail is intended to capture the wild nature of earth (Punt e Mes), sea (Laphroaig) and forest (Douglas Fir), with the brightness of the Domaine de Canton and Yamazaki 12 representing the town that's survived regardless.
From other users
- Maybe do in rocks glass over large ice cube?
- Oaxacan in Memphis — Tennessee whiskey, Mezcal, Licor 43, Amaro, Honey syrup, Thyme tincture, Rosemary
- Hot & Heavy — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lemon, Mint
- Smokin' Barrel — Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Islay Scotch, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Dead to Rights — Mezcal, Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- The World Is Yours — Japanese Whisky, Oloroso sherry, Walnut Liqueur, Bitters, Lemon peel, Cinnamon syrup
- Storyville — Brandy, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Lemon peel
- All Jacked Up — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Apple brandy, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Oaxaca Old Fashioned — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Bitters, Agave syrup, Orange peel
- Racketeer — Mezcal, Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Islay Scotch
- Aaron A Aaronson — Irish whiskey, Walnut Liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Lemon peel