|1||oz||Mezcal, Vago (Elote)|
|3⁄4||oz||Pedro Ximénez Sherry|
|1⁄4||oz||Falernum, Velvet Falernum|
|1||twst||Orange peel (flamed as garnish)|
Stir, strain, coupe, garnish.
The mezcal vago elote has a thicker mouthfeel and more of a roasted corn note than many other mezcals. Avoid substitutes for this one.
From other users
- Ok - I did not have this particular Mezcal, so subbed a Del Maguey, which may have a pretty different flavor profile. Mezcal dominated, and I felt like the best flavors of the rum were lost.
- Boston Apothecary #66 — Islay Scotch, Sweet Marsala, Mirabelle eau-de-vie, Nocino, Peychaud's Bitters
- Dead to Rights — Mezcal, Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- The Rains Down in Africa — Mezcal, Dry vermouth, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Bénédictine, Berbere spice
- Professor's Row — Mezcal, Averna, Apricot liqueur, Fino sherry, Bitters, Orange bitters
- Hot & Heavy — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lemon, Mint
- Symphony — Apple brandy, Mezcal, Pedro Ximénez Sherry
- Kasumiku (香住区) — Japanese Whisky, Ginger liqueur, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Sweet vermouth, Islay Scotch
- Quilty (Slowly Shirley) — Mezcal, Amontillado Sherry, Coffee liqueur, Bourbon, Whiskey, Lemon peel
- Oaxacan in Memphis — Tennessee whiskey, Mezcal, Licor 43, Amaro, Honey syrup, Thyme tincture, Rosemary
- Better and Better — Mezcal, Navy strength rum, Falernum, Lemon peel