A Vermont-inspired Negroni after wondering what maple syrup would do with the classic.
|1⁄2||oz||Apple brandy (Aged such as a VS Calvados or Laird's Bonded)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with an orange twist.
I was inspired by a recent drink with maple syrup to wonder what it would do in a Negroni? The maple made me think of apple brandy and Scotch instead of gin, and I used dry vermouth since the maple provided all the sweetness needed.
From other users
- Great drink. Used Dewars and Mt. Defiance Apple Brandy. Would love to try with different scotch. Maybe sub Aperol and see how that turns out too.
- Double-Barrel Cocktail — Sweet vermouth, Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Bitters
- Dragon's Mouth — Añejo rum, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit peel
- Cornered — Corn Whiskey, Ruby Port, Gran Classico, Bitters
- Byrrh Cocktail — Byrrh, Cognac, Kirschwasser
- Foreign Affairs — Rye, Dry vermouth, Campari, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange peel, Orange
- 65th Street — Bourbon, Aperol, Dry vermouth, Rum, Bitters
- In Brighter Flames Array'd — Apple brandy, Madeira, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Amaro Sibilla
- West Coast Cocktail — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Cardamom bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Pen Pal — Rye, Dry vermouth, Aperol, Orange peel
- Preceptor — Scotch, Port, Zucca, Campari, Orange bitters