A smokey take on the Vancouver Cocktail
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄2||oz||Pimm's No. 1 Cup|
Stir and strain into a cocktail glass rinsed with Ardbeg, flame some orange oil over top as a garnish then discard the peel
Dense and smoky, with a light herbal note.
I created this drink as a variation on a Vancouver Cocktail, although I drifted a little further than I expected with the addition of Pimm's. I wanted something slightly herbaceous to highlight the subtle herbal aroma of the mezcal, and Pimm's No.1 felt like the perfect choice because it wasn't very sweet, and being made from gin it echoed the original Vancouver Cocktail, which was essentially a Martinez with Benedictine instead of maraschino. Pigeon Park is a little square in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside where the homeless and junkies hang out or just take a nap. Still Vancouver, even thought it doesn't look anything like a postcard photo, yet not without charm either.
From other users
- A hair sweet, but wouldn't taste right without that.
- Excellent balance. I substituted Laphroig 15 because I didn't have Ardbeg and it was also excellent.
- As smokey as it sounds. The Ardbeg rinse was clobbered by the mezcal and I'm not sure it was critical. A solid cocktail, but more one-note than I expected (the note is smoke).
- DeGrassi — Rhum Agricole, Mezcal, Amaro, Agave syrup
- No. 64 — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Twisted Tenderness — Mezcal, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Hazelnut liqueur, Apricot liqueur
- Oaxacan Bijou — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Santana Abraxas — Mezcal, Jamaican rum, Bénédictine, Allspice Dram, Chocolate bitters
- Juarez — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters
- Spruce Moose (get in smithers) — Mezcal, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Campari, Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth
- Better and Better — Mezcal, Navy strength rum, Falernum, Lemon peel
- Spirit Animal — Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Pamplemousse Rose, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Goodnight Vienna — Mezcal, Orange liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Ramazzotti, Orange peel