|1 1⁄2||oz||Scotch, Aberlour 12|
|1⁄2||oz||Cognac, Pierre Ferrand Ambre|
|1⁄4||oz||Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur|
|3||ds||Bitters, Dr Adam Elmegirab’s Spanish Bitters|
|4||dr||Bitters, Bitter End Moroccan Bitters|
Stir, strain into old fashioned glass with a large cube or sphere. Garnish with an orange swath.
For the chamomile syrup, make a strong brewed chamomile tea by adding chamomile buds to boiling water and seeping for 20 minutes at a 1 tsp chamomile to 1 oz water ratio. Strain tea, and sweeten at a 1:1 ratio of tea to sweetener. I typically use 3 parts cane sugar to 1 part honey for the sweetener component.
From other users
- Boozy and sweet all in one. Subbed Macallan 12 and also subbed bitters (2 ango orange, 4 ancient trade bitters, 3 Peychaud's. Could try matching bitters better - maybe throw in some coriander.
- I don't usually go out of my way to buy stuff for a cocktail, but I ordered the bitters for this one. Not as unique as I had hoped, but delicious. A bit too scotch forward - can't taste the Zirbenz or bitters.
- Midnight in Manhattan (Woodford) — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Suze, Cherry Bitters, Orange peel, Vanilla syrup
- Indian Summer (Dutch Kills) — Cognac, Mezcal, Allspice Dram, Orange peel, Agave syrup
- Bourgeois Guilt — Cognac, Walnut Liqueur, Bénédictine, Bigallet China-China, Bitters, Orange peel
- Red Eye Old Fashioned — Bourbon, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Orange peel, Coffee syrup
- As The Seasons Grey — Rye, Bourbon, Bitters, Coffee liqueur, Orange peel, Maple syrup
- Northern Neighbor — Cognac, Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Lemon peel, Orange Vanilla Syrup
- Banana Manifesto — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Coconut liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Coffee Pecan Bitters, Orange peel
- Gods of Old — Rye, Amaro Meletti, Crème de Cacao, Orange bitters, Absinthe, Orange peel
- Orange Union — Bourbon, Campari, Triple sec, Wolfberger Amer Orange, Orange peel
- Sunset — Rye, Curaçao, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Orange peel