Sugar and Spice and all things nice
|2||oz||Rye (Copper Fox)|
|1||oz||Root liqueur, Art in the Age|
|1||Maraschino cherry (as garnish)|
Shake the rye, ROOT and cherry juice with ice. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with the cherry.
Homemade Root liqueur: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/03/diy-root-beer-liqueur-for-cocktails-recipe.html Homemade maraschino cherries: https://livinghomegrown.com/homemade-maraschino-cherries/
I first had a version of this at the Oliver on the Plaza in Kansas City, MO in 2018 that they called a "Root n' Rye". Not sure if the linked version was the inspiration for it but I liked it so much I researched for a recipe online and Cathy's is the earliest match I could find.
From other users
- The Oliver version recipe: Union Horse Rye, Fernet Branca, bitters, Boylan's Root Beer. Garnished with house made maraschino cherries.
- The Powhatan — Rye, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Ginger, Orange
- Slope — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Inside Job — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Absinthe, Bitters, Cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Coney Island — Rye, Crème de Cacao, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Red Hook — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino cherry
- The Chocolate Rye — Rye, Oloroso sherry, Cherry, Meyer lemon juice, Cherry syrup
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rum, Rye, Bitters, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Rhube Rye — Rye, Maurin Quina, Lavender bitters, Maraschino cherry, Rhubarb syrup, Lavender
- Elder Fashioned — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice, Orange
- High Line Stroll — Rye, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry