A unique and refreshing bourbon sour.
|3⁄4||oz||Plum shrub (I recommend steeping the shrub with mint, but it would be fine without it)|
|1⁄2||oz||Amaro, Amaro di Angostura|
Shake with ice and serve straight up. Garnish with mint.
I made the shrub by chopping up a ripe plum into cubes and tossing it into a jar with an equal amount of sugar and a few sprigs of mint. Once all of the liquid was extracted after a few days, I removed the plum pieces and mint, and I added an equal amount of apple vinegar. My ratio was 1/2 cup plum, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup vinegar (and a few mint sprigs).
- ReplyAll Rhubarb — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Rhubarb syrup
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- Great Scott — Sweet vermouth, Calvados, Bourbon, Bitters
- Newark — Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Maraschino Liqueur
- Eve's Temptation — Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Averna, Lemon peel
- Corpse Carré — Cognac, Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon peel
- Passenger Pigeon — Calvados, Sweet vermouth, Allspice Dram, Bitters
- Apple of My Rye — Rye, Apple brandy, Orange bitters, Bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lemon peel, Orange peel
- Lilywhacker — Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec, Bitters
- Naramata — Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Pommeau de Normandie, Peach bitters, Bitters, Orange peel