A bourbon old-fashioned provides the perfect canvas for peach and maple.
|2 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Elijah Craig|
|3||dr||Bitters, Urban Moonshine Maple Bitters|
|2||ds||Bitters, Fee Brothers Black Walnut|
Combine all ingredients, add ice, stir until chilled, strain into double rocks glass with large ice.
A tasty balance of sweet and spicy flavors; nose is of maple, first taste is sweet-spicy bourbon with peach undertones. Nutty finish provided by walnut bitters.
Lancaster county PA, also known as Pennsylvania Dutch Country, has a unique climate that is perfect for both peaches and maple syrup. Much further north or south and the climate becomes unfavorable for one or the other; who's up for a slice of bourbon-maple-peach cobbler!
From other users
- I didn't have peach schnapps so I used Crème de Pamplemousse Rose. Nice drink, a little sweet, but enjoyable. I look forward to making with the peach schnapps.
- Sweet but delicious
- Great Scott — Sweet vermouth, Calvados, Bourbon, Bitters
- Julep vs. Sazerac — Bourbon, Peach bitters, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Mint
- Sioux City Slugger — Whiskey, Peychaud's Bitters, Demerara syrup
- Corpse Reviver #Rob — Brandy, Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Gold rum, Bitters
- Boss Lady — Bourbon, Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Coffee liqueur, Aphrodite bitters, Demerara syrup
- Pompeii — Brandy, Bourbon, Madeira, Cardamom bitters, Lime bitters, Rich simple syrup 2:1
- Norman Conquest — Islands Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Calvados, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Le Nouveau Moureaux — Bourbon, Suze, Grapefruit bitters, Demerara syrup
- The Handy Bird — Brandy, Rye, Curaçao, Bitters, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- Cheeky Sazerac — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Aperol, Simple syrup