An equal parts herbal-apple number named after a Yukio Mishima book
|1||oz||Apple brandy (Aged like Laird's Bonded or Calvados)|
|1||oz||Amaro, Cappelletti Sfumato Rabarbaro (Sfumato or Zucca)|
|1||twst||Grapefruit peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
I was inspired by the a drink from the 1934 Laird's recipe book on EUVS, and I decided to tinker. I recalled the apple brandy-Rabarbaro combination and the apple brandy-Cardamaro one from other cocktails, and I combined all three elements into an Apple Negroni-style equal parts cocktail. For a name, I decided to dub this one after a Yukio Mishima novel called Runaway Horses.
- Gallery Piece — Campari, Aromatized wine, Rye, Bitters
- Romancing the Stone — Scotch, Cardamaro, Amaro, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Quartermaster (Gin Joint) — Trinidad rum, Cardamaro, Irish whiskey, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Bitters
- Lumberjack Negroni — Campari, Dry vermouth, Scotch, Apple brandy, Maple syrup, Orange peel
- The Manhattan Transfer — Rye, Ramazzotti, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Old Bastard — Rye, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Campari, Lemon peel
- The Project — Rye, Bianco Vermouth, Ramazzotti
- Now You Know — Gold rum, Fino sherry, Cynar, Licor 43, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Best Pal — Rye, Cynar, Aromatized wine, Bitters
- West Coast Cocktail — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Cardamom bitters, Grapefruit peel