|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|6||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
|2||pn||Salt (sea salt)|
Start with one "baker's" pinch of salt in a rocks glass. Add the Cynar and briefly stir. Add the Punt e Mes, bitters, lemon juice and ice. Stir briefly to incorporate. Taste, looking for only the faintest hint of salt. If the drink tastes salty, throw out your first attempt and adjust your salt levels. When the salt level is correct, express the oil from five swatch of lemon peel onto the surface of the cocktail, dropping one in along the side of the glass, skin side facing in. An 1/8 rim of salt will allow your guest to experiment with a few salty sips. Making the following sips pleasantly sweet, which will not make your brain hurt.
From other users
- Fantastic. Easy on the salt as you can add more, but can't take it out easily. Use 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- On initial read this recipe sounds pretentiously over-exacting. But I can confirm this is a drink to get the balance exactly right, and when you do, it is outstanding!
- Little Giuseppe — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Salt
- Bitter Giuseppe — Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Wedderburn or Bite — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Lemon juice
- Smoke and Fears — Cynar, Islay Scotch, Wormwood bitters, Lemon juice
- Scotland Yard — Cynar, Scotch, Lemon juice