Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
From other users
- Excellent. Split the sweet vermouth between dry and Punt e Mes for a lovely off-dry balance.
- Good, and worth making again. Used punt e mes and shook given notes from others about sweetness. The punt e mes really dominated, maybe chill less or try a different vermouth. Still good though!
- Made it to spec with Beefeater and Dolin. Worked great, a still-more-interesting Martinez. On a whim, made a second subbing xocolatl bitters for orange and liked that too.
- A bit bitter, but tasty
- Wow, so aromatic and herbaceous. A touch sweet, but subbing in some dry vermouth helps and adds to the fragrance. Great drink, and maybe worth experimenting with different amaros.
- Herbaceous, slightly bitter, a very nice drink. There is a dark side to this drink, the where the Cynar and marachino meet, an explained story. Must try with Punt e Mes, might make the story a little more interesting.
- Just made this and I love it
- Made with plymouth navy strength, carpano, and just to mix it up angostura orange because I usually forget that i have a bottle of it,
- Split sweet vermouth with cochi americano, used slightly less luxardo, and substituted cherry for orange bitter. Truly a well rounded cocktail with upfront herbal flavors and lingering vanilla, carmel, etc. Used old Tom gin.
- One of my favorite go-to drinks!
- Great drink, used Roku Gin and came out well.
- Lampshade — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Curaçao, Orange peel
- Locandiera — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Grapefruit peel
- Amertinez — Gin, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Hoity-Toity — Oude genever, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange peel
- Perverted by Language — Gin, Sloe gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- Le Bateleur — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Strega, Cynar, Bitters
- The Grand Street — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit peel
- the Fitty Cocktail — Gin, Cynar, Ginger liqueur, Bianco Vermouth
- Shea LaReece — Gin, Cynar, Aromatized wine, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Rose water
- Sage Widow — Gin, Bénédictine, Pear eau de vie, Bitters, Orange bitters, Tea syrup