A quirky drink that I did as a tribute right after Mark E. Smith of The Fall passed away in early 2018.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin (Dry or London Dry)|
|1||rinse||Absinthe (Rinse of glass)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe pre-rinsed with absinthe, and garnish with a lemon twist (or strain into a rocks glass rinsed with absinthe, and garnish with lemon oil from a twist.)
I was inspired by the great combination of sloe gin and Cynar that appears in Phil Ward's Lipspin and Colin Shearn's Transatlantic Giant. I created this as a tribute to Mark E. Smith of The Fall right after he passed away, and I named it after their 1983 album.
From other users
- Absinthe rinse loomed large. Intriguing flavor combo underneath that.
- Adair Hook — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters
- Locandiera — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Grapefruit peel
- Hoity-Toity — Oude genever, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange peel
- Crown Jewel Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Juniper-orange tincture
- Amertinez — Gin, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Negroni (Katie Loeb) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari
- Transvaal (variant) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Montenegro, Bitters
- Hanky Panky — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- Rendezvous Revisited — Gin, Campari, Kirschwasser, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Cornwall Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange bitters, Orange peel