Barritt's is a brand of ginger beer founded in 1874 on the island of Bermuda by William John Barritt. Since 2009, it has been made in the United States by the North American Beverage Company in New Jersey. The Barritt's company is in the fifth generation of family ownership.
Barritt's is non-alcoholic and comes in both bottles and cans and in regular and diet versions. The canned version contains high fructose corn syrup, while the bottles are sweetened with cane sugar.
Barritt's ginger beer is cloudy and opalescent white, with a strong dried ginger bite that is mellowed into a vanilla tone in the midpalate by the sugar. There is a pleasant balance of citrus on the finish, which lends well to pairing with either fresh citrus or citrus-based liqueurs like Aperol or Triple Sec.
Some popular cocktails containing Barritt's
- The Osborn — Gin, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Pineapple, Jalapeño, Cucumber
- Pay Day — Orange liqueur, Rhum Agricole, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Strawberry, Lime
- Barrittster — Apple brandy, Campari, Aperol, Ginger beer, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Paul's Swizzle — Dark rum, Cynar, Aperol, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon juice
- Maine Mule — Vodka, Ginger beer, Blueberry, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Monticello Lawnmower — Rye, Bitters, Ginger beer, Sugar, Mint, Lime
- Fernet About It — Bourbon, Fernet Branca, Lime juice, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Mint
- Shirley Temple Black — Rye, Maurin Quina, Ginger beer, Brandied cherry, Ginger syrup, Lemon juice
- Racer Chaser — Rum, Ginger beer, Lime, Cherry
- Southern Bell — Pisco, Apricot liqueur, Ginger beer, Honey syrup, Lime juice, Red Bell Pepper