Giffard is a producer of liqueurs, eau de vie, and non-alcoholic syrups based outside of Avrillé, France. Founded in 1885 by Emile Giffard, who converted his pharmacy into a distillery and began making a mint liqueur called Menthe Pastille. Today, the Giffard company is in its fourth generation of family ownership.
Today, Giffard makes dozens of products, ranging from violet to chile to apricot liqueurs, fruit flavored syrups, and brandies made from prunes, cherries, or pears.
Some popular cocktails containing Giffard
- Psycho Killer — Irish whiskey, Campari, White Crème de Cacao, Crème de Banane, Absinthe
- No Bananas Today — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Banana
- Earth Mother — Amargo-Vallet, Crème de Banane, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Banana Manifesto — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Coconut liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Coffee Pecan Bitters, Orange peel
- Bananas Foster Flip — Cognac, Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Whole egg, Heavy cream
- More Heat Than Light — Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Amargo-Vallet, Overproof rum, Crème de Banane, Fernet, Sweet vermouth, Coffee bitters, Orange peel
- Double-Barreled — Bourbon, Aperol, Campari, Crème de Banane, Lemon juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Salt Solution
- Ends of the Earth — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- Banana Bread Flip — Crème de Banane, Demerara Rum, Virgin Islands Rum, Allspice Dram, Whole egg
- Fay Wray — Haitian Rum, Cognac, Crème de Banane, Martinique Rum, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Lime, Banana, Mint