Giffard is a producer of liqueurs, eau de vie, and non-alcoholic syrups based outside of Avrillé, France. Founded in 1885 by Emile Giffard, who converted his pharmacy into a distillery and began making a mint liqueur called Menthe Pastille. Today, the Giffard company is in its fourth generation of family ownership.
Today, Giffard makes dozens of products, ranging from violet to chile to apricot liqueurs, fruit flavored syrups, and brandies made from prunes, cherries, or pears.
Some popular cocktails containing Giffard
- Earth Mother — Amargo-Vallet, Crème de Banane, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Banana Alexander — Brandy, Crème de Banane, Heavy cream, Orange peel, Nutmeg
- No Bananas Today — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Banana
- Banana Manifesto — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Coconut liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Coffee Pecan Bitters, Orange peel
- Double-Barreled — Bourbon, Aperol, Campari, Crème de Banane, Lemon juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Salt Solution
- Bananas Foster Flip — Cognac, Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Whole egg, Heavy cream
- Ends of the Earth — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- More Heat Than Light — Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Amargo-Vallet, Overproof rum, Crème de Banane, Fernet, Sweet vermouth, Coffee bitters, Orange peel
- Banana Bread Flip — Crème de Banane, Demerara Rum, Virgin Islands Rum, Allspice Dram, Whole egg
- Earth & Sky — Blended rum, Batavia Arrack, Crème de Banane, Palo Cortado Sherry, Lime peel