The pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a tropical fruit thought to have originated in southern Brazil or Paraguay. The pineapple is in the bromeliad family, and is actually an interwoven collection of berries arranged around interlocked spirals. The pineapple has a brown, tough, spiny skin and a succession of green spikes on top, both of which are inedible.
Cutting away the skin and the top of the pineapple reveals a golden, juicy-sweet fruit with a sunny-musky aroma and a sweet and sour flavor, though it is more sweet than sour. While the canned, pasteurized juice of the pineapple is commonly available, using the fruit itself in cocktail applications also lends texture and a more complex flavor profile.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple
- Angostura Colada — Bitters, Rum, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Orange, Pineapple, Nutmeg
- Bahama Mama A Moi — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Coconut liqueur, Overproof rum, Vanilla liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Pineapple
- Pisco Punch — Pisco, Water, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Lime, Pineapple
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Pineapple
- Juke Cup — Falernum, Rhum Agricole, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Cucumber, Pineapple
- Boo Loo — Gold rum, Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Club soda, Honey syrup, Pineapple
- Charles Dickens Lemon Milk Punch — Rum, Brandy, Water, Milk, Pineapple, Sugar, Tea, Lemon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander seeds
- Puka Punch — Light rum, Gold rum, Dark rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Orange juice, Pineapple juice, Passion fruit syrup, Honey syrup, Cherry, Pineapple, Orange
- Brain Damage — Overproof rum, Amaro Lucano, Pineapple juice, Grapefruit juice, Iced Coffee, Honey syrup, Kosher Salt, Grapefruit peel, Pineapple
- Anne Bonny's Last Call — Light rum, Orange liqueur, Coconut liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup, Pineapple, Basil, Lime