The pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a tropical fruit thought to have originated in southern Brazil or Paraguay. The pineapple is in the bromeliad family, and is actually an interwoven collection of berries arranged around interlocked spirals. The pineapple has a brown, tough, spiny skin and a succession of green spikes on top, both of which are inedible.
Cutting away the skin and the top of the pineapple reveals a golden, juicy-sweet fruit with a sunny-musky aroma and a sweet and sour flavor, though it is more sweet than sour. While the canned, pasteurized juice of the pineapple is commonly available, using the fruit itself in cocktail applications also lends texture and a more complex flavor profile.
Some popular cocktails containing Pineapple
- Angostura Colada — Bitters, Rum, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Lime juice, Orange, Pineapple, Nutmeg
- Bahama Mama A Moi — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Coconut liqueur, Overproof rum, Vanilla liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Pineapple
- Pisco Punch — Pisco, Water, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Lime, Pineapple
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Pineapple
- Juke Cup — Falernum, Rhum Agricole, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Cucumber, Pineapple
- Charles Dickens Lemon Milk Punch — Rum, Brandy, Water, Milk, Pineapple, Sugar, Tea, Lemon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander seeds
- South Park Sling — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Aperol, Cynar, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Cherry, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Pineapple
- The Osborn — Gin, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Pineapple, Jalapeño, Cucumber
- Raffles Singapore Sling — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Triple sec, Bénédictine, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Grenadine, Pineapple, Maraschino cherry
- Singapore Sling — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Triple sec, Bénédictine, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Pineapple, Maraschino cherry